Sunday, December 30, 2007

Destination: Southeast Asia!

At last I have arrived in Singapore and am beginning to adjust to Singaporean life. After a grueling 26 hours of travel (14 of them spent listening to two young children screaming and crying while mom slept through it and dad tried to avoid eye contact with everyone else on the plane) I was met at the airport by my student buddy who took me and another student from Texas to Nanyang Technological University (NTU).

As it was nearly 3am when I finally made it to campus, I was worried that I would wake my new roommate (not the best way to begin a relationship :-) ) but when I moved into my dorm I found that she is a local student and therefore still on vacation. It didn't matter that I didn't have any sheets or a pillow, I crashed and fell asleep instantly. Unpacking would have to wait until morning.

The next morning my buddy taught me how to navigate the mean streets of Singapore (just kidding, it is actually pretty safe here). We went to the nearby shopping center to get some essentials. I am finally moved into my dorm and unpacked... now all I need are some other students to play with.

No comments: